Nicholas Jay Academy does not discriminate in its employment, admission, instruction, or graduation policies on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, or ethnics origin nor does it recruit students already attending or admitted to another school offering similar programs of study. Nicholas Jay Academy requires that each student enrolling in a program must:
- Complete a tour & interview
- Complete the application for enrollment and an essay on why you want to be in the industry.
- Provide Proof of secondary education such as a high school diploma, GED certificate, or Equivalency, an official transcript showing secondary school completion, or a state certification of home-school completion. (Idaho licensing board does not recognize Ability to Benefit, therefore the institution will not enroll ATB applicants.)
- Be at least 16 ½ years of age, Proof required (Current Driver License, Government issued ID Card, Birth Certificate)
- If applicable, name change documentation. (Marriage License and Divorce Decrees for each marriage/divorce)
- Pay the registration fee of $100
We are here to help guide you through the enrollment process. Our staff is here to answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to contact us at any time during the enrollment process.
Additional Requirements for Instructor Training
For those seeking to enroll in our Cosmetology Instructor or Instructor Training course, the applicant must hold a current Idaho license or certificate of completion of course. Applicants must also have at least six months of work experience in their field to be admitted to the Instructor training program.