In 2015, Nicholas Jay Salon & Spa Academy will award one Cosmetology, Nail Technology, or Esthetics student the Christina Brown Memorial Scholarship award.Applicants will be evaluated for their potential to successfully complete school, financial need, and commitment to a long-term career in cosmetology. All students will be considered for the award regardless of the course. Submission of a complete application by the deadline and active enrollment or acceptance to Nicholas Jay Salon & Spa Academy by April 17th of the award year is required.
Application deadline is April 24th, 2015!
Applications will be accepted from January through April 24th.
Scholarship will be awarded for the classes beginning in June or July of the award year.
All applicants will be notified of their status within 2 weeks of deadline.
1. Submission of a complete application, tour the facility and complete the interview process. Incomplete applications will not be considered for an award.
2. Completed essay addressing topics listed in STEP TWO.
3. Furnish a letter of recommendation from an individual, outside of your family, that can offer testimony of your character. The letter must support your candidacy and respond to the questions listed on STEP THREE.
4. Applications are accepted January through April 24th of each year.
5. The scholarship winner is expected to maintain a minimum of 85% in academic and a minimum of 90% in attendance.
We thank you for your interest in the Christina Brown Memorial scholarship and wish you well in your pursuit of success.
STEP ONE: SUBMIT APPLICATION
Applications for enrollment can be picked up from the admissions office. A formal tour and interview is also required at the time of application pick up.
STEP TWO: APPLICANTS ESSAY
The essay is vital for your consideration for this scholarship. Please attach a one page essay that explains all of the following information:
Your financial need.
Your interest in cosmetology, nail technology or esthetics.
Your ambitions, interests, and a brief family history.
STEP THREE: LETTER OF REFERENCE
Your reference should be an employer, instructor, counselor, or someone qualified to offer testimony of your character. Your reference will need to write a letter of recommendation supporting your candidacy and respond to the following:
What is your relationship to the applicant?
How long have you known this applicant?
Why are you recommending this applicant for a scholarship?
What is your assessment of the applicant’s future success in a cosmetology career?
Please also include the following:
The references name and title.
Place of employment, job title or business owned.
Address and daytime phone number.